Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Big Boy!

Ok, so before I continue let me just say I know many of you will roll your eyes & "shame shame" us, but let me tell the whole story....

When we brought Jackson home, we were going to have him sleep in our room in the Pack-n-Play, but he HATED it! We couldn't figure out if it was because the bassinet part was suspended & therefore not sturdy enough or what his beef with it was. Nevertheless, we tried for about a week to get him to sleep there, all to no avail. He was up every hour & we were exhausted, so....and here it comes...
We put him in our bed (oh, the horror!). I know many people discourage this, but it worked for our family and I think you gotta do what works for you! At any rate, he always took naps in his bed, well when his Yaya, Nana & Gabby would put him down :), but just would not sleep there at night. We started forcing it & he would sleep from about 10pm til about 3am then he would want to eat & then would refuse to go back to his bed. Oh and let me just say, "crying it out" does not work with our child...he will scream for a solid 2 HOURS until we would give up. Some nights we wouldn't even bother with putting him in his bed & we'd all go to bed together...last night was such a night. Only he wouldn't go to sleep -- just kept fussing & fussing, so I finally got up & put him in his room.
And would you know...not a peep out of him until 7:45 this morning. I think he has decided on his own that he wants his bed! We were ecstatic, but waiting to see what happens tonight. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: