Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I Screwed Up!
Ok, so as they say...kids don't come with an instruction manual, so when it came time to potty train Jackson I kind of just followed others suggestions and read around on the internet a bit. We went out and bought that tiny little potty chair and had amazing success! I am really proud of Jackson and how quickly he picked it up! I've blogged about all of this before so I won't continue. Then the other day I asked my mom "So when did you teach Brennan (my brother) to pee standing up?" You can see where this is going... My mom says "Um, I taught him from the beginning." What? Why didn't anyone tell me you were supposed to teach them from the beginning? I'm a girl - I don't know that. I also saw a logistical problem with him, a kid who has no control over his stream, standing over that really low little potty. Sheesh! So our new task is teaching the kid to pee standing up! Gaaah! He does NOT like to go standing up - in fact, most of the time he can't. I will see him like physically trying to get it out, but it is like he is afraid or something and can't even make himself. At best a tiny trickle comes out, so I finally give up and set him down on the potty and he goes, no problem! It's so obnoxious! He did have some success at the Astros game on Sunday where the urinal went all the way to the floor, but no where else. Jackson sees Aaron go all the time and now I have resorted to pushing him off on other male family members so that he has tons of males "modeling" correct male urination. I know they all enjoy the audience, but I say it is partly their fault for not TELLING.ME.TO.BEGIN.WITH!!! So there! Haha! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hill, most of my friends taught their son to pee sitting down. Collin pees sitting down. However, at school they make him stand up and he does fine. And occassionally at home he will go standing up so he gets lots of praise for that. I figure we'll get to the standing upthing within the next few months, go at his pace. I don't think you screwed up at all!
Ha! I would have done the same thing.
I would have never thought about this until reading your post! How are we (women) supposed to know those kinds of things?!?!? I think I will have to agree with you and leave that part of the teaching to Dad and Uncles!!!
i have always wondered about that and I probably would have done the exact same thing! i am sure that it is fine for him to sit for now and he will just learn to stand as he gets older. i think you did the right thing for jackson and that is what matters!
Post a Comment