Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 2 - PT Report

*It's a LONG one!*

J had a fantastic day! He is slowly getting the hang on this. On the other hand, I am exhausted! It seems like I led, dragged or lugged Jackson to the bathroom every 15-20 minutes ALL day long and the rest of the time was spent asking him if he had "tee-tee or poo-poo that needed to come out." I am going to record the day, so that when I start this next summer with Emme (sheesh!), I will have something to refer to. Our day went something like this:

9:00am - take off his diaper, tee-tees in the potty and puts on his undies. Makes it through breakfast fine.

9:20am - preemptive trip to potty. nothing

9:30am - has an accident (1) in the floor, but immediately tells me. Sort of whimpering even - a vast improvement from yesterday where he appeared not to care!

9:35am - gave him grape koolaid and he drank 2 cups of it!

9:55am - starts to have an accident (2) while playing, but stops himself midstream and calls for me. finishes the job on the potty. he's very proud of himself! gets a gummy bear as a reward

10:15am -given another cup of koolaid.

10:45am - starts to have another accident (3), but again stops until we can make it to the potty. finishes in the potty and gets his gummy bear.

11:20am - lets a drop of urine in his undies before telling me and we run to the potty. I changed his undies since I don't want him to be ok with any wetness at all! (4) gets a gummy bear

12:05pm - preemptive trip to potty. little trickle, but nothing significant. lots of toots too.

12:15pm - started to have a pee & poop accident (5), but calls for me and he finishes on the potty. gets 2 gummy bears as a reward. brush teeth

12:45pm - has an accident (6) while eating lunch with cup of milk. finishes on the potty. gets a gummy bear. huge mess - pooling in his booster chair and escaping down through the strap holes to the kitchen chair underneath. it had to be washed and I had to convert another activity center so that he had a booster to sit in while the other one dried.

1:10pm - tee-tees in the potty before changing into a diaper for naptime. gets a gummy bear reward

3:00pm - wakes up. tries to potty, but has nothing. back in undies

3:20pm - gets another cup of koolaid

3:35pm - tells me he needs to go poo-poo, but tee-tees instead on the potty. we stay extra long to try & poo-poo, but to no avail. gets 1 gummy bear.

4:05pm - more koolaid.

4:20pm - tells me he needs to poo-poo, but again only tee-tees. try to get him to poop. gets 1 gummy bear.

4:55pm - tells me he needs to potty & tee-tees. still no poo-poo. gets 1 gummy bear

5:25pm - preemptive trip to potty. nothing.

5:40pm - another preemptive trip to potty and he tee-tees. gets 1 gummy bear.

6:15pm - has a partial accident (7) in the floor and finishes on the potty. gets 1 gummy bear

6:35pm - makes it through dinner.

6:55pm - preemptive trip to potty. tee-tees, and tries but still no poop. gets 1 gummy bear

7:25pm - tee-tees on potty before bath

7:45pm - tee-tees in potty after bath and then into a diaper for bed. gets 2 gummies for bathtime pottying. brush teeth.

So all in all: 7 accidents and 15 gummy bears. I should have chosen something healthier, but he is really working for these gummy bears! His love affair with gummies started at school. Whenever they would read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, his teachers would give them gummy bears. My mom used raisins with me and M&Ms with my brother. Some people use stickers. I think you go with what works! Gummy bears work for us. I don't see us potty trained by tomorrow, but definitely by the end of the weekend is a feasible goal!

No comments: