Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 3 - PT Report

I have to say, I had doubts about 3-day potty training! And while Jackson is not 100% potty trained, he definitely has it down now! He had half an accident today and THAT.IS.IT! He stopped himself halfway through, called for me and ran to the bathroom to finish on the potty. The rest of the time, he told me he needed to go and he went. He still has a little trouble pulling his pants back up, but we're working on it! Another issue is that he is not pooping on the potty. He has not gone all day - not in the potty nor in his pants or even his diaper at naptime. I spoke with the doctor about possible withholding and he said as long as we feed him lots of fiber and fruit (no bananas) and sugar, even if he withholds, it won't hurt him. If he doesn't go tomorrow, I think I will give him some prunes or something to help him. Another success he had today was his first outing sans the diaper! We went to eat with my parents and were gone about an hour and had NO accidents. He did claim to need to go potty about 6 times while we were at the restaurant, but he was scared of the industrial potty so we only got a trickle one of the times and nothing the rest. Once we got home, he let loose! At least we know he has the ability to hold it! I have been looking into getting one of those folding potty seats. Does anyone have one of those? Is it worth it or should I just have him get over it? Tomorrow, we are planning on going to the children's museum with my mom while my dad & Aaron go deep sea fishing. I don't know if I should put a diaper on him or just go armed with changes of clothes & underwear. I am just so proud of the little guy! He's so grown up!

2 comments:

Paige said...

go armed with a change of clothes and underwear. I would just have him get over the public potty thing. Try hugging him while he sits on there to have him relax, or scratch his back or something. That was how I got Blake to do it. Good job Jackson!!

The Q. Family said...

I second what Paige says- don't ever go back to diapers- it will confuse him! Just bring tons of clothes in case of an accident. I also agree with just having him get over the public potty thing, I would hate to carry around a seat with me. I am so proud of him! Gosh they grow up too fast!!