Thursday, July 15, 2010
Hey Good-lookin! Whatcha Got Cookin'
Oh, just a little something I like to call Pacifier Stew!
Emerson has a slight, but still strange rash developing on her face around her mouth, under her nose and it even goes up toward her eye too. These are tiny little bumps that don't seem to bother her. Anyway, I thought I better boil her papis and I have been limiting when she can have them to nap & bedtime. Of course, I googled "pacifier rash" and started seeing people talk about food allergies, so now that has tweaked my curiosity. The only thing new she has had was a cookie with peanut butter in it. I don't think she is allergic to peanuts though because she has eaten at Chick-fil-a millions of times and never had any problems. They fry all of their foods in peanut oil, so I think if that was an issue, we would have seen some sign of trouble before now. I wonder: can you be allergic to peanut butter without being allergic to the oil? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. SO...my best diagnosis (based on all my years in medical school, ha!) is that it is her pacifier that is irritating her eczema. Hopefully, the pacifier stew coupled with a healthy Aquaphor slathering will kick Emme's rash!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I do know someone who has twin boys and they are both allergic to peanut butter but can eat the food at Chick-fil-A just fine. So maybe she does have a peanut allergy?? Hope the rash clears up soon!
I have students that have all levels of peanut allergy...some are allergic to the nut itself and some are everything peanut including breathing it. I really hope this isn't the case...peanuts and peanut butter are awesome! :) Hope she gets better!
Post a Comment