Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Beach Bum

Yesterday Jackson went to the beach for the first time! He slept the entire way there, which was good since it took about an hour & a half due to traffic. We realized on the way there, that our camera was not in my purse like it usually is, so of course I was mucho peeved! Luckily, Gabby & Papa agreed to meet us there and came to our rescue! Thanks Gabby & Papa - we had fun!
Jackson loved the beach once we got there & got settled. I initally put SPF45 on him, but due to the intensity of the sun, Aaron suggested we put the SPF70 on him. We joked the whole time that he had SPF115 on. Later we put his rash guard shirt on which has SPF50, so in some areas Jackson was covered up to SPF165. Ha! ;) He is already the whitest white kid ever -- we need to let him get a tan, but I don't want him to burn! He played in the sand with his pail & dump trucks, watched the birds and mimicked the airplanes & helicopters. The water was a little (ok, a lot!) too cold, so we only dipped our feet. I think I saw on the news that the surf temperature was around 64 degrees. We'll take him back this summer when the water is warmer & see how he likes the ocean. For now, the beach was a hit!

Posing with Daddy



One of the brief moments he actually wore his hat

Walking on the beach with Mommy -- please excuse my pastiness!

Too cool!

The kid needs a haircut (on the agenda for today!) & the wind did nothing to disguise it!




Too cold, Daddy!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Adorable! Sorry we missed you guys on Spring Break -- looks like you were plenty busy with lots of fun adventures.

The Q. Family said...

Looks like fun!! I think Collin might have the same swim trunks (dang we have good taste!) You (the half we can see in the photo) look great my friend!! How did Galveston look as far as damage goes? Glad Jackson enjoyed himself!

P.S. Collin is whiter than white too! I always put SPF 70 on him + rashguard too! :o)