Ok, I know this is such a teeny-bopper show, but I must confess that I generally love it and have for a long time! Aaron makes crazy fun of me for watching it and always says "Oh, good. You're watching crap again!" Every week he says this and has said this for the last 4 or 5 years. I know Tiff watches it too (Aaron made fun of her too when he found out), so at least I'm not alone.
I have not had time to watch the last few episodes and so ended up watching the latest 2 last night from my DVR. Most of the story lines are good or at least hold my attention, but several "iffy" things have caught my attention...
1. In the episode from last week, Peyton finds out that her pregnancy is endangering her life, but struggles with the idea of ending the pregnancy. At the end of the episode, Peyton who is like maybe 8 weeks pregnant feels the baby kick and takes it as a sign she should go through with the pregnancy. I mean come on.... movement at 8 weeks??? It IS TV where kids go from age 5 to in college from one season to the next, so I let that one go.
2. The BIG ONE.... in this week's episode, Dan's transplant pager has gone off & he is waiting to be prepped for surgery. In the waiting room is some stoner guy who has brought his dog in to the emergency room for some animal ailment. The nurse is highly irritated, but seeing that he is under the influence tells him to sit down and she'd call a vet. Highly unlikely, but that isn't the kicker. You see the helicopter land and a man emerges with a cooler that says "Viable Organ." They transport the heart from the helipad to the OR, but for some reason they walk it through the waiting room (hmmm...). Just as the helicopter dude is passing in front of the stoner guy, the dog starts to run off & the helicopter man trips over the leash and the heart goes spilling across the floor (double hmmm...). The dog then begins to EAT the heart. Wait WHAT??? Is this for real? It must be part of an irrational dream Dan is having. Nope. It's really how the story was written. Who writes this crap? This is what the writers came up with AND decided to GO with?
I agree with Aaron, at least for this one episode. The next episode better be written more realistically or I will be forced to stop watching it!


1 comment:
Oh! The Soup was all about making fun of the dog eating the heart this week!
Post a Comment