Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 6, 2009

This week...

Sunday Denise & Abigail came over. We have been playing some kind of strange scheduling game for about 2 months trying to get together. Finally the stars aligned and Miss Abigail & Mr. Jackson got to play. Not that they really played together since they are about a year apart, but I Denise and I had a lovely visit! I'm sure Abigail & Emerson will have much more in common and will be fast friends! Now, if we could just get Aaron & Joel together....

Wednesday, Jackson and I decided to try our neighborhood play group again. We went back in October about 4 or 5 times. Everyone was really nice & welcoming, but with Jackson not walking yet and all the other kids being 2-5, it just wasn't as fun for him. Now there seems to be more kids closer to his age and even some younger. We had a great time! The moms are super nice and I even found out that 2 of them used to work in my district. Jackson was all over the place so I actually didn't get to visit with the moms that much. He climbed up on the playground equipment just like the big kids. He did take one tiny tumble off the side, but he didn't even cry when he landed in the gravel. (Sounds way worse than it was!) Anyway, we were there for a little over an hour and when I picked him up and started walking to the car, he started screaming. He obviously LOVED it! He was utterly exhausted when we got home, but it was well worth it for him to have so much fun! I have penciled it in to my calendar as a weekly event. This summer we'll be able to attend the Thursday morning play group also and they are considering a swim time too. Hopefully, I can con Yaya, Gabby or Nana into watching Emerson so that I can take Jackson to that once a week or every other week. We'll have to work something out.

Well, now we're off to another fun filled weekend. We have 2 birthday parties, an anniversary party and Bryan & Candace are coming into town! Should be great especially with this great weather! Yall have a good one too!

No comments: