Jackson turned 15 months old on Saturday. 15 months has FLOWN by! He had his well check yesterday. Dr. P was amazed with his vocabulary...as I was listing off all the words he can say (mama, dada, bye-bye, hi, milk, cat, dog, yaya, go, ball), the body parts he can point to (nose, ears, belly button & occasionally eyes) & the animal sounds he can mimic (dog, cow, duck, bird to which he says "caca" - instead of caw-caw!), Dr. P said "All I wanted was at least 3. Impressive!" That's Jackson in a nut shell -- impressive! I'm sort of biased though. He also understands short commands like get your pappy, pick up your cup, let's go outside, find the ball, etc.I asked about Jackson's recent aversion to veggies and whether or not we should be giving vitamins. Dr. P said that we can give Polyvisal, but that if it is only one food group he is avoiding, he should be getting all he the nutrients he needs. Jackson will eat broccoli, avocado, corn, potatoes (sweet or russet) and carrots if they have been cooked with a roast, but most other veggies end up on the floor, especially green beans. We continue to offer them at every meal, so hopefully he will soon come out of this phase & go back to eating his veggies. I feel like all he eats is mac-n-cheese, chicken, steak, noodles & grilled cheeses, but as I listed the vegetables he eats, I felt a little better about it. He will tear up some fruit too! Dr. P suggested that we offer ONLY vegetables and he will eat them if he "gets hungry enough." Seems cruel though. He even suggested we do that for a whole week. Overall, he wasn't concerned about his eating. I also, asked about autism -- this is something that TOTALLY freaks me out, especially being a teacher and being that it is way more common in boys than girls, I thought I should ask about the link between that and vaccinations. Dr. P said there is no evidence that the 2 are related unless you listen to "Hollywood's most respected doctors, like Jenny McCarthy, who are also trying to sell books & make appearances on Oprah." That Dr. P is a funny one! The whole time we were talking Jackson was bouncing off the walls, babbling and playing with toys. Aaron & I were juggling him the whole time. Based on all of that, Dr. P said he could tell us right now that our child is NOT autistic! LOL! A relief nonetheless.
Here are his latest stats:
Height: 31" - 50th percentile
Weight: 21 lbs 13 oz - 15th percentile
Head Circumference: 18" - 50th percentile
Yaya was worried about Jackson being in the 10th percentile for weight at the 12 month well check. Hopefully, the 5 percentage point gain will ease her mind! ;)



2 comments:
Your little man is growing up and is so adorable. Can't wait to get the kids together again. Oh by the way, I want to help or go to a baby shower for your bun in the oven. So let me know.
Hillary, I could have told you Jackson wasn't autistic! Dr. Denise... wouldn't that have eased your mind?! LOL. And I second the motion about a baby shower... would love to be a part of that!
Post a Comment