Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

26 Week Update

I am now 26 weeks 1 day into this pregnancy and huger (I know it isn't a word, but "bigger" didn't seem to adequately describe my size) than ever! My doctor's office called Friday & said I passed my glucose tolerance test. My mom said that I have always been a good test taker. ;) I passed with Jackson too, so I wasn't really concerned, but it is good to know. It would explain these giant babies I seem to produce though if I did have gestational diabetes. (Not that I would want that!) My babies are healthy and we couldn't be more grateful for that! Here is a pic from tonight to show my "progress." If you compare it to the picture from 6 weeks ago, there has been significant growth.


Jackson got a hair cut FINALLY - his 2nd one! We went yesterday after school and waited for 1 hour. Ugh! We were a walk-in and arrived about 4:40pm. Let me first explain why we were late -- my students are doing a project on the Animal Kingdom and a few students asked if they could dissect an organism for extra credit. Being the science nerd I am, I said sure and agreed to help. So, I had two groups come in, one with a catfish & another with a lobster. I got the catfish going, explained what to do and turned them loose. The lobster on the other hand, was not so easy. You see, they brought the dang thing in ALIVE! Now tell me how we're supposed to dissect a live lobster? You can't without being just downright cruel, so we have to kill it all the while maintaining it's internal structure. No choice but to boil it. So we borrowed a large pot from the cooking/Home Ec lab and had to wait for the water to boil and then a little longer for the lobster to die. By the time all of that was done, it was 4:30 before I even left to go get Jackson. A day in the life of a biology teacher! So we get to Cool Cuts for Kids at 4:40 and sit down to wait. They finally take us at 5:35 but only after taking two 5:30 appointments before taking us. Moral of the story....make an appointment!

Jackson enjoyed his chicken & mac-n-cheese tonight. He took 2 reluctant bites of his asparagus and then wouldn't budge. We're working on using a fork. He will gladly use the fork if we stab the food for him, but seems to take the path of least resistance if we try to get him to stab the food himself. It's a work in progress and we'll keep trying....



3 comments:

The Q. Family said...

He looks adorable and so do you! With Collin I showed very quickly too and got big FAST! I wonder if it will be the same this time around. You look so great!!! :o)

Denise said...

You look simply perfect! You have that 'basketball belly' I always wanted! Just enjoy it and stop calling yourself huge... remember, in not too many weeks you'll be missing that belly a bit.

The Williams Family said...

love the belly!!