It's been a while since he had been up that early.
Inservice started on Thursday so Jackson started school too. I never put my kids at school until they have 2 rounds of shots, so Emme is staying with my Nana right now and will not start school until October. We are so blessed to have her here to help out! She does a WONDERFUL job! We went to Meet the Teacher on Wednesday afternoon and met both kid's teachers. Emerson has 6 teachers since there are 10 or 12 babies in the room. Jackson has had two of her teachers before, so I will be pretty comfortable sending her come mid-October. They gave me homework -- I have to make a poster of family pictures to post in her crib. I did this for Jackson the last two years, but since his new big boy room does not have cribs, I don't have to do one for him this year. Jackson has 3 teachers, one of which he has already had before and the other two already knew him, well because at his school, he is legendary! ALL the teachers know him because of his fabulous animal impersonations. They told me last year that all the teachers would come by throughout the day and ask him what certain animals would say, so teachers I don't even know will say "Hi Jackson" and hug him as we are walking in or out. He's kind of a big deal. Most of Jackson's friends are back in his class this year, so he was super excited to see them and I was so happy that my friend, Julie's little boy was still with Jackson too.
I had a few concerns about him starting school. 1. Being newly weaned from the papi, he sometimes takes longer to go down for naps. 2. He flops all around while he sleeps and as previously stated, they no longer sleep in cribs and are now on cots. The cots are only 2 inches off the ground, but I figured different body parts would be hanging off the cot at some point. Neither of these things seemed to be an issue. They said they patted his back a few times at nap time and he was out for 2 hours. Yea, Wacko! Apparently he stayed on the cot too. (He has an ADORABLE nap mat to go on top of the cot...I'll have to post a picture of it sometime!) He also started eating in the cafeteria this year, because you know, he is a big boy! They no longer ride in the buggies when they leave the classroom. Now they have this cute little rope that has stuffed animals or rings in it and the kids hold on to the rope or stuffed animal and teachers hold on to the ends, so basically they learn to walk in a line. They said he did great with that too. When I got there to pick him up, they just gushed and gushed about how great he did and how cute he is...like I said, he's kind of a big deal! He also learned the color green - in one day. Wow! I am so happy with his class this year - perfect! Sadly, he did not go today because he threw up in. the. CAR! twice yesterday evening. Ick! Slight virus? Bad food? Car sick? Who knows. He's fine today and spending the night with Gabby & Papa. I can't wait to see what he learns Monday!


3 comments:
Hooray for a wonderful first day! I am so glad he is continuing to do great with the papi! Collin starts school in 2 weeks, I am hoping his transition to napping at school goes just as good as J's!
I go back tomorrow. Blah!! Glad yours is going well.
wow thats a lot of changes going on but I bet Jackson will do great with his new class. miss ya'll lots and it's killing me that I have not seen that baby girl.
Post a Comment