The Good News....Emme took her first, official unassisted steps on Saturday! She has been taking one step for a while where she then just falls into whomever she is walking to, but Saturday, she let go of the chair and took 2 steps to Aaron. Right after that, she took 3 steps from Aaron to me! Pops & Brennan got to witness this, along with Mommy, Daddy and Jackson! We were so proud of her and she is proud of herself!
Now to the Bad News....With all of Emme's crazy, kamakazi, no fear climbing, it was only a matter of time until she took a major fall. Friday evening, as I was making dinner, I hear a donk. Whaaaa! I ran to see Emme falling.down.the.stairs. Donk da donk donk. I caught her on the very last step before she hit the bottom. I had forgotten to put up the gate! {Bad Mommy - very bad Mommy!} She let out the smallest of yelps and then was prefectly fine! I, on the other hand, cried for the next 20 minutes! It's a good thing Aaron didn't answer his phone when I called because he would have really been freaked out if he answered the phone to hysterical crying! From what I could tell, she was about 7 or 8 steps up and was tryng to reach for our dog, Leyla, who I remember seeing race down the stairs in a blur during the fall. Emme is one tough cookie and the fall has not discouraged her stair climbing AT ALL! I am now the gate nazi and draw the gate EVERY.TIME we come downstairs! It was so scary!


No comments:
Post a Comment