So we were chugging along great, on schedule to be complete by Emme's party THIS Saturday and then it happened. The granite people called & said that due to the weather and a broken down truck, they were a day behind in their installation schedules, so it will be Thursday before they get to us. As it was, Aaron was only going to have 2 days to get the backsplash done and that was pushing it! Now, I just don't see how it will be done. So to be realistic, we won't have the backsplash done, the island counter top is not in yet and the dishwasher is eternally delayed, or so it seems. There's still so much to do - here's our punch list:
- stain new trim
- distress island
- tung oil cabinets & trim
- install new appliances
- reload all cabinets with stuff so that the guest room is functional
_________________
- clean up backyard
- mow
- finish playhouse ramp
I called the yard guy after starting to write this - so he will clean up the backyard & mow.
I'm SO ready for this to be over - you really don't realize how vital the kitchen is in a home until it is not functional. I have been rinsing sippies in the down stairs guest bath sink and we have eaten ever meal out for the last 2 weeks. Home cooking sounds SO SO good right now!
My in-laws came over today to babysit while I ran some errands for Emme's party. Jimmy started working on the kitchen a bit while Ann entertained the kiddos. LOVE them! They also came bearing diapers - we are so blessed! I think all I lack now is grocery shopping for the party and making a batch of cupcakes to supplement our cake. **On a related note, my normally very reliable cake lady called yesterday and said she had us down for June 19th instead of the 12th and offered another bakery as an option. (Insert Hillary breaking out in hives here). I didn't even mess with calling some other random bakery. Aaron's coworker dabbles in making cakes and his (yeah, it's a he) cakes are AMAZING or at least the 3 or 4 I've seen. He will be making the cake and I have no idea what it is going to look like - at this point I don't know that I even care. I'm sure it will turn out just fine and if it doesn't, we will always have something to laugh about each year on Emme's birthday.


1 comment:
This is sure to be a birthday to remember! Emme has no clue of the stress/mess though and your guests will just be happy to see her and the three of you. NO WORRIES! It will look fabulous when it's done and you better post pictures!!!
Post a Comment