I just finished the kids' Teacher Appreciation gifts too. In addition to the obligatory gift card, I thought I'd do a little something else. Here's what I came up with:
Monday, May 31, 2010
This & That
So the remodel is coming along slowly but surely. The cabinet doors & drawer faces have all been sanded and are ready for staining. I cleared all of the stuff out of the cabinets so that Aaron can begin sanding the boxes. He will remove all of the shelving, old appliances and that awful trim up top, drape the kitchen entries & openings into the living room in plastic and then begin sanding. He has been working his tail off! This man is so good to me! This is a bigger job than I had thought - I'm doubting that is will be complete by Emme's party, but I'm pretty confident that at least the new appliances and cabinets will be. I don't know if the island reconfigure and countertop/backsplash will be, but anything is better than what we had.
This kids are LOVING the cabinet doors being gone! I'm hoping that since we won't be able to use the kitchen during this leg of the process and will have to eat out, Aaron will be compelled to get it done as quickly as he can! Like I said, he has been a busy bee, so I have no doubt he will get this part done as fast as he can.
She really can roll that tongue back up & store it in her mouth, but you wouldn't know it by most of the pictures!
Their school's mascot is a zebra, so I free handed zebra stripes on the rim (not easy!) and painted the bottom part of the pot with chalkboard paint. My mom & I went to this AMAZING new nursery on Saturday and I planted some of my finds, wrote Thanks! in chalk and then made little stakes that say Thank You for Helping Me Grow This Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Cute pots! Love that idea!
VERY CUTE GIFTS. I DON'T KNOW WERE YOU FIND THE TIME :0
Such a cute idea!!
Post a Comment