Since we first decided to get the kitchen renovation going and we ordered the appliances, not much else has been done. There have been some obstacles so far: 1. The microwave/hood thing we ordered has been discontinued. The only other one in that series (so that all the appliances match) was not only a microwave & hood, but is also convection and a steamer and made of gold and diamonds apparently because it cost almost $900. For.A.Micro.Wave!!! I think not. So we went back & forth about ordering one out of series, I called 4 other places & scoured the internet for the one we wanted and all places said they were discontinued, but offered the white finish instead. No. So Aaron and I finally decided to go with a different one and I was about to order it when something made me call one last place. Amazingly, they said they had 2 in stock. I'd like to pay for it immediately, I said. Ah...the silver lining. When we got home Friday evening, there was a giant box on our porch and inside was our microwave! One down. 3 to go! Still no word on our other appliances - last I checked with them, they were waiting on the dishwasher and then would ship everything at once.
2. The hours for granite places are not conducive to a working couple with little ones and we simply cannot choose from those tiny samples the contractors bring. Most places are open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on the Saturdays. Uber frustrating! On top of that, Aaron & I have had a bit of a time agreeing on a granite. We did manage to find 2 today that we both like, but we had somewhere else to be before we had a chance to nail anything down.
3. And of course, it isn't like we can do anything yet anyway. You can't do the countertops without the sink and our new sink is in the same shipment as the remaining appliances. So we wait. It does give Aaron a chance to get the cabinets done, which brings me to obstacle #4.
4. Aaron is such a procrastinator! I love him dearly, but he stalls like none other. His new excuse for not starting on the cabinets is that he needs to build a work bench so that he has a place to work. So that is what he has been doing for the last 3 nights. He has finally finished it, so now no excuses! Sand away, babe!
All this time has given me a chance to consider paint colors and backsplash and fabric for the curtains. All of these changes make me think I will need to dishes too. ;) Don't you dare tell Aaron! One thing at a time, I know. All I know is this MUST be done before Emme's June 12th birthday party - yikes!


No comments:
Post a Comment