Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sick Lil' Dude

This morning I got up, got completely ready for work, made lunches, packed bottles, etc and then went to wake the kids up. Immediately I knew Jackson had a high fever. I went to get the thermometer out of Emme's room and I heard Jackson burp. Been there - done that: I ran him to the toilet and told him to get sick in the potty. It always scares him to throw up, so of course he was crying & trying to cling to me, Emme starts crying, I was hollering for Aaron - whew! What an ordeal! When I finally got around to taking his temperature, it was 103.2. Yikes! I gave him Motrin and took him downstairs so that I could call in a sub. He the started throwing up again. Ugh! I knew he would never make it in the car - he gets car sick when he's well, so I called my mom to come get Emme and take her to school. She has been constantly sick for 3 weeks and we were finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, so I knew I had to get her out of the house! Jackson pitched a huge fit wanting to go with Yaya, but soon calmed down. I am bleaching everything I can now (ruined a pair of jeans & the kitchen rug in the process). Now, everything has settled. Jackson's fever is down, he is way less lethargic and clingy and is currently tooting on a recorder while dumping all the puzzle pieces of every puzzle into the floor. So I guess all is right with the world again!

No comments: