Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Poop Progress

Jackson stayed home sick yesterday with Nana & he told her a few times that he needed to go potty. She obliged and he went poo-poo once and had 2 false alarms. I'm still just amazed that he is initiating all of this on his own. Looks like I need to go get a potty chair (I'm on the fence about this - I see it as one extra step in assimilating him to regular potties. Why not skip it & go straight to the big potty? Right now we have one of those seat things that fits over the regular one. Thoughts, anyone?). I bought him some stickers (he LOVE.LOVES stickers!) and will reward him with those. My mom used raisins with me and M&Ms with my brother. We'll stick with stickers for now and see how it goes. I feel a little out of control here since I wasn't planning on it yet. My plan had been the first week of summer, but we'll see....

1 comment:

Paige said...

skip the potty chair, it's a pain. If he doesn't mind the big potty that makes it so much easier for using public restrooms, other people's bathrooms etc. We are still using the potty chair for poop only, but I am looking forward to getting rid of it. Plus it's nasty to clean up.