Sunday, March 7, 2010
Sick bitty
My bitty baby, Emme is sick again. She doesn't really act like it, but after a day & a half of hearing a very strange cough and then Saturday morning a bit of wheezing, I decided we better go on in to the doctor. I'm so glad we did because she was diagnosed with either Bronchiolitis or RSV. They aren't really sure since her lungs don't sound that bad, but just to err on the side of caution, we did an 8 minute nebulizer treatment in office and her lungs immediately sounded better. So now we are doing breathing treatments at home every 4 hours with an inhaler & an AeroChamber. Emme hated every second of the 8 minute nebulizer treatment and hates the at home breathing treatments too, but the good news is that these treatments last 2-3 minutes. Like I said she isn't showing in other symptoms except the cough & a little bit of a runny nose - no fever, eating well (really well), sleeping well, not overly fussy and she is smiley as usual. She weighed in at 16.09 lbs. Proof that she is eating well. I just pray that this virus runs its course quickly and leaves my baby's body soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hill- I think Graham might have RSV too! Did they prescribe any antibiotics for her or are they just letting it run it's course (with the breathing treatments?) I hope she feels betetr very soon!
Post a Comment