Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It starts...

Wow, going back to school after Spring Break has been tough! For me, it is blah - whatever! I can do it, wish I didn't have to, but I can do it. For Jackson though, it has been downright traumatic! When I woke him up yesterday morning, he was BEGGING to go back to his bed. A 2 year old wanting to sleep??? I told him we were getting to go to school and he can go tell all his friends how much fun he had at the beach with Hailey (he's been talking about it ever since we got back). He cried and said "I don't want to see Frankie & Tess." Frankie & Tess are 2 little twin girls in his class that evidently must terrorize him. Every time he has a new scratch or gets bitten I ask him how it happened - you know, the teachers can't tell you - and he usually says "Tess bite." I never know if he is right or just blames them because he doesn't like them, but he must really not like them because I hear him playing sometimes and he'll say "No no Tess. That's not nice!" or "Frankie, go to timeout!" LOL!

When we got to school on Monday, he started crying & backing up as soon as we entered the classroom and then he flung himself face first onto the ground and just laid there and cried while holding onto my leg. Ms. Yvette came over and said 2 other kids had a similar meltdown when they got there. She held Emme while I tried to console Jackson. I usually ignore his fits, but I can't stand to leave him at school while he is crying. I told Ms. Yvette about the conversation with Jackson about the twins and she laughed and said it was a constant battle with those girls with someone in the class. We got a good laugh out of it, but I could tell Ms. Yvette was pretty fed up with their behavior! Don't get me wrong, Jackson gets in his fair share of trouble at school too, but this is the first inclination I've seen of Jackson not liking someone and so it starts.....

Today was better once we got to school, but waking up was still rough & many tears were shed!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oh no! Poor sweet Jackson! Hopefully tomorrow will be even better.