I cannot believe we have now had Emme longer than I was pregnant with her (she was 2 weeks early)! She continues to capture more & more of our hearts everyday. She has really begun to show her personality and will. She definitely knows what she wants when she wants it!
Eating: I must say mealtime with Emerson is not the most fun we've ever had! She squeals the most obnoxious sound if you don't feed her fast enough. Few people have the patience for it! It's tricky because we know that when we feed her after the squeal, she is learning that it gets what she wants, but if we don't she just squeals more and it's embarrassing in public! I guess the trick is to feed her faster than she can want it, but that is pretty tough. Emme prefers meat to anything else. Jackson is the complete opposite. She is down to 2-3 bottles a day. Usually two 7oz bottles and a 4oz bottle. We still haven't found anything she simply will not eat, but she will turn her nose up at peas, for example, if she can see something else. Since she now has 2 teeth, Aaron feels certain we will have to refinance the house to afford her appetite!
Sleep: Nothing new here - she is still a 12 hour baby at night and she typically takes 2 naps that last anywhere from 1 - 2 hours. She does now flip to her belly for some of the night.
Play: She has begun to pull up and gets so proud of herself when she does. She still needs a bit of help if she can't wrap her fingers around something. She is not at all steady once up, but can hold her own as long as she has a good grip. Since discovering this new skill, she prefers to be standing, which is sort of tiring for the rest of us. She and Jackson play so well together now. Jackson still grabs toys away from her sometimes, but we are working on that. He absolutely adores her and the first thing he says every morning is I want to see my Emme girl! *awww* Most toys still go straight to her mouth, but I have started seeing her putting blocks and such inside other toys and then take them back out again. As I've said before, she can wave and is now starting to clap. Emme loves to be outside. She is perfectly content in the Moby facing outward while I pull Jackson in the wagon on our walks. She sometimes even falls asleep while we are on a walk and then I freak wondering how long her head has been hanging!
Verbal skills: She really has those consanants down! She says mama when she cries, but I'm not sure it is truly connected in her mind. She babbles Bah ba ba ba baaaa or Lahlah-lahlah constantly.
She weighs 16 lbs 10 oz & is 26 1/2 inches long.
That's 10th & 25th percentiles.
kiss this sweet leprechaun!
Hey, Emme - what's with the tongue? Are you channeling Abigail?



2 comments:
YaYa and Pops LOVE their little princess, Emme!
Ohh the tongue! So funny! Let's get together soon1
Post a Comment