Jackson is becoming such a little man. He does & says things on a daily basis that amaze the heck out of us! The other day while waiting endlessly for Jackson to finish dinner, I was complaining to Aaron that my back hurt and that I couldn't sit in that chair anymore. Jackson said Mommy need go to doctor? I asked him who is doctor was and he said Pewop (Pielop). I had mentioned his doctor's name to him about 3 or 4 days before, but really just in passing. He picks up everything and hangs on to it. I love that!
- He can now say his ABC's up to G, then says P, T, YZ! We're working on it. He can tell you train starts with T, pig starts with P, Jackson starts with J, & Emme starts with E.
- Colors: He knows black, brown, white, blue, red, purple, green, yellow, orange & pink. He constantly points them out.
- He can count to 3, sometimes 5, but more importantly, he understands the concept. He can look at something and tell you there are 3 cows, or he wants 2 cookies (usually, I'll hand him two and then he'll say, no, I want three). If there is more than 3, he assumes there are 5, lol! We will continue to work on this, but I bet he'll be counting to 10 in no time!
- I have to admit, I have not worked with him on shapes too much, but he knows circle, triangle & square.
- He can tell you if someone is a girl or not, and recognizes that he is not a girl, but refuses to believe he is a boy. The other day when we were talking about it, I said You're a boy just like Daddy is a boy. To this he replied, No, Daddy is Aaron.
- He has just recently started to tell me when things hurt. He told me on Thursday that his tummy hurt and he needed to go to the doctor. Then on Saturday he was bouncing off the walls in the car on the way to the zoo - he was so excited - and all of the sudden we hear him said Jackson sick. Sure enough, he had thrown up a little bit - it was more like spit up, except that he is too old for spit up, but anyway he realized he had gotten sick.
- He does not like potatoes in any form!
- He loves to be outside. Huge screaming fits when we have to come back inside.
- Recently has been very fussy in the afternoons. I think this is his terrible two time. He changes his mind in a split second and finds it very irritating that you were not 2 steps ahead of him. I find this very irritating! We give him 2 choices and he can take his pick - that's our strategy. You can sit at the table or at the bar. You can wear your dinosaur shirt or the striped shirt. You can eat dinner & then have bananas or you can eat nothing. It seems pretty effective.
- He has a strange fascination with Spiderman. He has never seen Spiderman, doesn't have any toys, clothes, etc with Spiderman on them, but he still plays Spiderman. If he's mad at us, he will throw his hand out at us and say Spiderman like he's throwing web at us. It is too funny!
- Since his fall down the stairs, he is terrified of going down the stairs. I have to coax him down if I am not holding his hand and sometimes he will just flat out refuse and want to be carried. I give him massive praise each time he goes down by himself successfully! I guess it is good he has a healthy respect for them, but it is mighty annoying that he wants to be carried everytime.


1 comment:
Jackson, Yaya and Pops adore you too. You crack us up!
Post a Comment