Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

6 weeks & 20 Months

Emerson is 6 weeks old today....she is way more awake these days. We are seeing more of her smiles, usually to me, but she coos only to Daddy. Both, of course, melt our hearts! She still loves being held, but we are still forcing the "down time." I went to my 6 week check up today and in the breastfeeding room there was an infant scale. After feeding Emerson, I changed her diaper and weighed her...now I'm not sure this scale was accurate since it was unplugged on the bottom shelf of the changing table in this room, but it said Emme weighed 10 lbs 13 oz. Gasp! That would mean that she has gained 3 lbs in a month (since her 2 week appt). My word! Later at my parents I measured her using an inch worm toy that has inch increments on it and she was 23 inches long, which is 2.75 inches taller than at her 2 week appt. Goodness! We are sure in love with this chunky monkey!





She looks totally thrilled here.

That's better!

Jackson giving Emerson kisses.

Jackson is 20 months old today. I CANNOT believe that in 4 short months we will have a 2 year old! He is amazing! His new thing goes something like this...Jackson & Daddy are playing blocks. Daddy builds a tower for Jackson to knock down. Daddy: Ready? Jackson: Ready. And he knocks it down while cackling. We really need to get it on video. If we ask him if he is ready to eat, he says "Ready." He also recently said his first 3 word sentence, rudimentary as it may be. I asked if he had poo-poo. He said yes. I asked Aaron to change him. Aaron hesitated a second and then Jackson said "Daddy, poo-poo peas." Translation: Daddy change my diaper, please. Well, since you asked nicely. ;)
He is OBSESSED with trains. Every morning, EVERY morning he wakes up and says "choo choo." He either wants to play with his magnetic trains from IKEA or watch his Thomas DVD. Not too sure if any of you have seen these DVDs, but they are the most boring things ever! They play the theme music, the stories are only about 5 minutes long and then they play the theme music again. This repeats for 11 stories and Jackson LOVES every bit of it. I haven't been letting him watch all at once. I think that's too much TV, but he asks for it all the time and whines for a while after I turn it off. My dad had recorded Back to the Future III for Jackson since there is a lot of train & horses. He had to rewind the same scene about 20 times so Jackson could watch it over & over again. I'm going to go buy him some more train books tomorrow and I now have a theme for his 2nd birthday party! Anyway, he's adorable! I will try to take his chair pictures tomorrow - we ran out of time today, but here's one picture from today:

2 comments:

Denise said...

Ohh Lord - Thomas the Train. Those videos make me want to scratch my eyes out.

Let's get together soon! Sorry I missed Friday - looks like you had fun -- Can't wait to see you all again!

The Williams Family said...

Looks like she is going to be a chubb-o like Hailey. It's all that good breast milk. I need to meet her so bad. Plus, I miss my little ham :(