Thursday, May 21, 2009
Euphemism
Yesterday I had my 34 week check-up. We had a long wait -- apparently Dr. Cone was slightly behind, but once we got in a room, it didn't take too long. Emerson's heartbeat was still good & strong. He did the external fundal height measurement to assess the uterine growth. He said I was measuring at "just about full term." Fabulous -- I am supposed to have 5 & a half weeks to go! At my 36 week visit we will do the Group B Strep test & start assessing the progress. As he was reminding me of this, he said and I quote "We'll know more after the 36 week appointment, but based on external measurements right now, she isn't a petite one." Basically, "that's one big honking baby you have there!" Jackson was 8 lbs 1 oz and Dr. Cone never once even came close to saying he was going to be big. I knew there was a toddler growing in there! Dr. Cone said we'll hope for early labor. Great. I am totally to the point where I want her to come, but I also was looking forward to having 3 uninterrupted weeks, with no school, where I could give Jackson his last few moments of only-child attention. Guess we'll have to start having our fun before school gets out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
{{{hugs}}} Collin was HUGE so I feel your pain! He was almost 9 pounds induced early (because of his size) and let me tell you... I am soooo glad they induced early! Enjoy these last few weeks with J! I'm thinking about you!!
reese was 41 weeks, almost 9 lbs!
you are doing great!!!
Post a Comment