Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Biting
Jackson is not all sweetness & smiles....When I got to Jackson's school yesterday afternoon to pick him up, he had his 2nd biting report in his tote tray. In a way, I am sort of glad he is no longer the victim -- he has had incident reports 4 times for being bitten by another toddler (incident reports are for the victims & biting reports are for the biters) -- but now he is the aggressor and I have no way of stopping it! The teachers can never tell you who was bitten or who did the biting -- evidently that is against the rules as there may be some retaliatory parents out there. So I have never known who was biting Jackson, but needless to say was very upset that it kept happening. It broke the skin 2 different times. About a week and a half ago, Jackson got his first biting report. I didn't know who he bit, but when I mentioned it to my friend Julie at school, she said "Oh, that was my son!" Great! Of course Jackson had to bite someone whose mother I see on a daily basis - perfect! The teachers said they put Jackson in timeout, but since they NEVER have to discipline him, he didn't even realize he was being punished. This time I asked if it was Zach again and they said no. The teachers said that it was the class bully and they don't really blame Jackson for standing up to the kid. LOL! This "bully," they claim, always takes toys from other kids and in general just terrorizes others. They didn't even put Jackson in timeout this time, they basically just said "Jackson, we don't bite." Aaron & I have talked to Jackson about biting and I always tell him, "We only bite food," but he never does it at home, so it's kind of like trying to discipline a dog way way after the fact. I doubt Jackson even knows what we are referring to 8 hours after he did it -- it's so frustrating! This is one instance (amongst many) that makes me question if I should continue working....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment