Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Drumroll please.....



Those of you that don't know already, I think it is finally time to announce it. Jackson is going to be a big brother. Yep, that's right, I'm pregnant again. I am 12 weeks and 5 days as of today and I figure now is "safe" to spill the beans. The baby is due June 29th and that makes my babies 20 months apart. Our neices are the same distance apart in age and it seems to work out perfectly! I love that they always have someone to play with even without inviting a house full of friends over. I am a little nervous that this might disrupt Jackson's potty training, but we'll make it work. Everything has been pretty good through the pregnancy so far -- I have been WAY more nauseous & sick than with Jackson (I never got physically sick with Jackson and it has been the pits with this one!) and the headaches have been worse, but overall the first trimester was pretty smooth. Looking forward to more energy & nausea relief!

Monday I went for the Nuchal Translucency ultrasound, which is a 2 part test that gives you the probability of having some funky genetic disorder. It is a no-frills sort of ultrasound and they don't even let the father back there, so Aaron didn't even go. They simply meansure the fatty pad on the back of the baby's neck and then let me go. We did a test sort of like this with Jackson, but this one is suppose to be more accurate due to the fact that you repeat it all again a month later. I pray that everything is normal, healthy and the baby stays safe and comfortable in there. The only real reason we opted for this test was because we get 2 extra ultrasounds than you do if you don't do it. That's 2 more peeks at my "bean" before his or her arrival. We are hoping that this baby is a girl, but we just want a healthy baby either way. Aaron's aunt, Anita says that she will be "thinking pink" for us. I love it! Here is what I got to see Monday--



2 comments:

Summer said...

yay! congratulations. that is so exciting. babies, babies everywhere!!! you are going to have your hands full but i am sure that it will be a blast!

The Q. Family said...

Congrats Hill!!!
(See my email to you too!)