Jackson had his 12 month check up yesterday. Dr. Pielop said he was on schedule developmentally, so we were happy! He was impressed that he can say "hi" & "bye-bye" and that he has taken a handful of unassisted steps. Oh, how we love to brag!
These are his current stats:
30" tall - 55th percentile
19 lbs 15 oz - 10th percentile
46cm head circumference - 50th percentile
I do not know where this skinny baby came from -- Lord knows his dad & I do not have the "skinny" gene. And many of you have witnessed the boy eat. It seems almost gluttonous! But, Dr. Pielop said feed him until he's full. Sometimes I feel that isn't possible, but we'll do it!
Jackson also got 3 shots, which was bad enough, but then....he had to have blood taken. Mommies with little ones take note: I did not know this was going to happen & so I was not prepared. It is totally routine -- CBC and lead count, but still. It was horrible! Luckily, Aaron was there and could hold Jackson while he screamed and the phlebotomist did her thing. He kept reaching for me with his free hand. I almost had to leave. God forbid something serious ever happen to him. I won't be able to take it. I think about those parents who watch their kids struggle with cancer or other horrible diseases and see them in pain or scared everyday -- breaks my heart and makes me thankful God has kept my child safe and healthy!
Overall, the appointment went really well and we don't have to go back until 15 months. Yea!


No comments:
Post a Comment