A new round of activities have started for the kids. This time Jackson is trying out TaeKwonDo and Emerson is in tap & ballet. Jackson is naturally timid to try new things, so I fully anticipated tears and having to force him the first lesson. It wasn't as bad as I suspected - he did cry a bit, but only in the car and then was a little clingy in the beginning of the lesson. The Master was very patient with him, cracked some jokes and Jackson warmed up quickly. The first one was a private lesson and Jackson ended up have a great time. There were more tears at the second lesson, but once he worked up the courage to go out with all the other kids in the group lesson, he had a good time and did really well!
Bowing to Master
Emerson was so excited about tap & ballet...specifically tap! She wanted to wear her tap shoes all the time. I think she would have worn them in the bath and then slept in them if I would have let her. So she was so stoked and then come time to go into the tap classroom...she cries. And cries. And cries. I went in with her and still she wouldn't participate. I finally told her I was going to have to leave since my being in there wasn't helping. I watched from the observation room as she continued to sit on the floor and cry. When the class needed to do something in the area she was in, the teacher would just slide her over to a new spot. She was like furniture...crying furniture. It was bizarre given how fired up she was before. When they came out to change into ballet shoes, she was still crying, but I walked her to the room and told her I would stand right by the door. From that point on, she was this graceful, compliant princess ballerina. This girl is {CRAZY} stubborn! She has said over & over since then that she will not cry for the next lesson. I guess we will see this coming Monday...
The calm before the storm
Dance buddies, Emme & Abigail
Some of these pics were taken without a flash, so they have strange coloring
Practicing the toe point
My little ballerina!











No comments:
Post a Comment