Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jackson's 4 Year WCC

Jackson had his 4 year well check on January 3rd.  I completely forgot about scheduling it until mid December - duh!  Dr. P was very pleased with Jackson's vocabulary, counting, letter recognition & writing.  We are noticing more & more everyday things that we had no clue he could do.  Currently, Jackson:

  • recognizes every letter, 
  • can tell you what a word starts with by sound most of the time, 
  • recognizes all of his numbers by sight, 
  • can count to 22 (I really think he can go higher than that, but he loses interest), 
  • can write his name (it's wobbly & he sometimes needs help with the K, but it is legible), 
  • he uses everyday objects to form letters - like one day at a restaurant, he was making letters out of toothpicks and then would say Look, Mommy!  I made an E! 
  • remembers every.single.detail of events that took place even when he was like a year old - it's crazy what he remembers!
He weighs 35 lbs (39th percentile) and is 3'3" tall (19th percentile).  It's weird that he went from the 71st percentile in height at 3 years old to 19th now...Dr. P said it was no big deal, lots of kids have major growth spurts one year and slow down the next.  Who knows what year 5 will look like?

Jackson got 3 shots - 2 in one leg and one in the other.  He didn't cry until the 3rd shot - poor baby!  He was so brave!  He's such a sweet, smart, funny little guy!  He started telling me the other day that he doesn't want to be called Boogies or Wacko anymore, but instead wants to be called Sugar Plum.  I called him that once during Christmas and apparently it made an impact.  I don't think it will stick - he will always be my Boogies!  I just love him SO very much!  He is about to get very busy with soccer, t-ball, swim lessons, and taekwondo all between now and mid-June.  Yikes - I might be one tired Momma by the time school's out!

No comments: