Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Can it be?

Can it be that this sweet Chicken is TWO already?  I'm having a hard time believing it and an even harder time believing that this is my last baby.  That I'm putting away the high chair for the last time.  That I am about to be done with diapers.  Forever.  It's weird, I know.  Who likes changing diapers?  It's not that I do like changing diapers, but it's what it represents...I already no longer have a baby nursing, using bottles, pacifiers, bouncers and a high chair and soon I will no longer have a baby in diapers or a crib...it's only a matter of time and I'm a little sad!  I can't be the only one that has decided to not have any more kids, but still feels this way, right?

Emerson is too funny these days!  She is really developing her own opinions and is sure not afraid to voice them!  She is so smart - catches everything, notices everything.  I think I've posted before that she knows all of her ABC's (not letter recognition, but can say them in sequence), recognizes E & J by sight, can count to ten (skipping 4 for some reason), and remembers crazy details of random events.  She still loves to sing You are My Sunshine, If You're Happy & You Know It, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, the Hiney song, Happy Birthday, and He's Got the Whole World

She loves water whether it is the bath, the pool, the sprinkler, a hand-held hose or a water table.  She loves being outside, but is deathly terrified of flies.  I'm talking blood curdling screams followed by 10-15 mins of crying if one even hints at landing on her! 

She still has a love affair with shoes - her own or others' - she's an equal opportunity shoe wearer!  She also likes trying on clothes.  She can't wait to wear her flower girl dress, which she calls her "princess dress" for Brennan's wedding in September. 

She is shy & asks to be held when walking into unfamiliar buildings.  Along those same lines, she is scared of (and rightly so) moving cars or even the sound of starting cars.  Aaron remote started his truck the other day while she was standing in front of it and she freaked.  I guess she is very sensitive to sounds because she is also scared of public restroom toilets.  As soon as we enter a stall, if I put her down, she immediately starts crying and trying to climb in my lap. 

Emme is still a pretty good eater - Italian food is her favorite, but she is also very fond of Mexican.  She likes spicy foods like salsa.  She, like Jackson, loves any kind of fruit - she will cheer when she sees me get some out of the fridge.  She thinks she can't leave Yaya's house without a Ziploc of grapes.  Her favorite restaurants are Olive Garden and Chickfila.  At her well check on Monday (6/20), she weighed 26 lbs 15 oz and was 34 inches long.  This is somewhere in the 50's for percentile.  This is a gain for her - she has been in the 20's & 30's up to this point.  Dr. P was impressed with her vocabulary and ability to speak in full coherent sentences.  She looked up from her book when he walked in and said, There's a lion and he's running.  She told me today My new baby is upstairs on your bed.  Go get it, please.  She's also getting pretty sassy and our trips to timeout are getting more frequent.  Today while I was standing in the doorway to the kitchen watching/timing her timeout on the stairs, she said Go cook, Mommy! and then preceded to let herself out of timeout.  We may have to go to contained timeouts in her bed if she keeps trying to escape timeouts. 

Emme has a slight, quiet murmur that was first detected at her 1 year well check.  Dr. P has to listen very hard to hear it and believes it to be a Still's murmur that will either go away on its own as she grows or will remain exactly as is for the rest of her life.  He is not concerned but since we are going for her first dentist visit in a couple of weeks, he said the dentist will want an official diagnosis.  We will go see a pediatric cardiologist on July 5th and while I am not too concerned, I still ask that you pray that my sweet girl's murmur is as benign as Dr. P believes.          

Her bedtime is around 8:15 or 8:30pm - she won't go down if the sun is still up - and she wakes up about 8:00am.  She takes one nap at noon, lasting anywhere from 2-4 hours.        

She is showing some signs of potty readiness and I think we will begin training next week, but I still think it's a little early.  We'll see.

So as of last Thursday, this beautiful girl is two.  This weekend is her owl themed party and I will post pictures later. 

Emerson Kate, we adore you!   

No comments: