Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Mosquitoes bite!
Emme has always been very allergic to mosquitoes. Her bites swell up big & giant and become warm & hard knots. This lasts a couple of days and then they subside. Saturday morning, we had a garage sale & since the weather was so beautiful, we let the kids spend most of the day out with us. Then Saturday evening, we went to some friends' house to watch the Tech game and the kids played out back most of the time too. Emme was eaten up with mosquito bites. Bad mommy for not putting bug spray on her! Sunday morning, she woke up with a very swollen eye. I kept touching it to make sure it wasn't tender indicating cellulitis. It wasn't so I knew it was just one of those rotten bites! We went to the zoo & it never seemed to bother her. We gave her Benadryl that night, but Monday morning, it was MUCH worse. She could barely open her eye - poor bitty! I gave her some Benadryl again and then when I picked her up from school it was so much better! By Tuesday it was back to normal. My mom said the same thing used to happen to me when I was little. Hopefully, she grows out of it too!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Poor Baby!! Give her lots of hugs and kisses from me :) Hailey reacts just has bad, luckly we have not had one on the eye yet.
Post a Comment