Last Thursady, Jackson stayed home sick after a night of repeatedly throwing up. Of course, he was perfectly fine all day, but I still kept him home. Early in the afternoon, Jackson said he was done playing in the playroom & wanted to go downstairs. I told him we had to pick up the playroom first and that I would help him. He & I both got busy and at one point he came and said "I threw the trash away for you, Mommy!" Great! thanks, Jackson! We continue about our day. Around 3:30pm, I start getting ready to go up to school for Open House. I was going to go up early to make some copies & Aaron was going to come pick Jackson up. I'm putting makeup on in our bathroom and Jackson is playing trains in the playroom. At one point, I hear him moving his step stool in his bathroom, so I know he is going potty. Suddenly, I hear screaming - it's the same screaming cry he has when he throws up & is scared. So I figure he's getting sick again and I go running into the bathroom. Well.....there he is standing on his stool, pants around his ankles, screaming and water is going EVERYWHERE! The toilet is majorly overflowing! I grab him, throw him in the hall and turn off the water at the wall. I then start pulling every towel in the linen closet out & throwing it down to sop up the water. Jackson is still crying & I'm trying to tell him it's ok and the potty is just broken. I asked him what he flushed and he said only tee-tee & a tee-tee target (to practice his aim). I asked him how many tee-tee targets. He said only one. After the immediate calamity is over, I call Aaron & tell him. He asks if the dinosaurs are still on the edge of the tub - they are, so that's not the problem. We leave to go to my school. When I get home, Aaron says he had to fish a plastic PetsMart bag out of the toilet - the trash Jackson threw away for me.
*sigh* I should have asked questions! Lesson learned for me & for Jackson!


No comments:
Post a Comment