Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Heimliched
Friday was an eventful day for us! The kids' school called me on my cell at about 11am (during my lunch) saying that Emme had choked on a piece of apple at lunch and they had to do the Heimlich maneuver to dislodge it! I was actually pretty calm about it as they were telling me that I needed to take her to the doctor before she was allowed any food or milk to make sure that the maneuver hadn't caused any swelling that could prevent her from breathing or swallowing anything else. I quickly called Aaron to tell him, arranged coverage for the remainder of my classes, called the Dr to make an appointment and high-tailed it out of there to get my baby! As I was leaving my mom called and said that they had pulled her out of a meeting to tell her about Emme. I guess they had called my classroom a couple of times, but I was eating my lunch in my friend's classroom so it took them a bit to round up my cell number. Emme's school principal, Stacy had called to report it to her boss, Sharee and Sharee happened to be in a meeting with my mom. Since they hadn't gotten me yet, they told her. Aaron was upset he was 3rd on the list, but it didn't really happen that way. Anyway, I take Emme to the Dr and he said she appeared to be fine. He has never seen a child be heimliched (is that a word? It is now!) to their detriment! We fed her softer foods on Friday night - we had oatmeal for dinner - in case she was a little sore, but since then she has been eating her normal foods with her usual gusto! Stacy told me that the dues we pay in addition to the monthly childcare costs go to pay for the employees CPR & first aid training. I will never again complain about paying those dues! Those sweet, wonderful people saved my sweet, wonderful baby girl! I thank God every day for putting such special people in Jackson & Emme's life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
wow! that is super scary! so glad she is ok!!
Post a Comment