Emerson turned 14 months old on August 16th. With school starting back, I have been a little behind on my blogging! So here is her 14 month post:
Emme weighs 21.6 lbs (according to the meat scale at Rudy's, ha!)
- She still isn't talking much, but can say mama, dada, jackson, yaya, cat, dog and more (which sounds an awful lot like mama)
- She can tell you what a duck, dog & cow say. She told me what a monkey said last night, but she hasn't done that consistently yet.
- She can tell you where her hair, eyes, and nose are - sometimes belly too.
- She gives precious, big open-mouth kisses and has started to give hugs (with arms). She blows kisses like a champ and she gives high-fives!
- She understands many commands like "go get your papi", "let's go upstairs", "find your cup" and then she will follow through
- She will bring a book to you and sit down or crawl up in your lap so you can read it to her - sometimes this is only a game and she will only sit through one page and other times she really wants to read the whole book.
- She eats ANYTHING you give her! And LOTS of it!
- She naps twice a day: her napping schedule has recently changed and now is from 12-1:30pm and then another one from 4ish to 6ish. She prefers HER bed, but has gotten better at napping at school.
- She likes to play mommy - she will hold her baby, put it in the stroller, check her diaper, hug & pat her baby - it is so sweet!
- She could give two hoots about TV, which I am perfectly happy with!
- She has eczema that is driving me crazy!!! I kick it, it comes back. Grrr!
- She likes to swim, but not in a baby floaty boat thing! She will go under and not sputter or cough or cry! She likes to float on her back.
- She squeals when Daddy comes home or when Nana/Yaya come over or when I pick her up at school! It is the best feeling!
- I changed her class and moved her up to the class with 15-20 month olds mainly because her friends were in that class, but also because I knew she would be challenged to do more advanced things. So at school, she is now going to the cafeteria to eat her meals, walking on the rope to and from the cafeteria/playground, sleeping on a napmat, and I'm sure there are others. She is such a big girl!!
- She is the best, sweetest, most relaxed, tough, go-with-the-flow baby and we love her!


2 comments:
She is just absolutely precious!!!
I LOVE THE HORNS :) She is super cute and I just want to hug her all over.
Post a Comment