I took a Sudafed. It made me feel so much better and we were able to go out to eat with my family to celebrate my 29th year! Saturday morning Emme was a little off schedule and was asleep during one of her normal feedings, so I pumped instead. I pumped for 25 minutes and got .5 oz on one & 1 oz on the other. What? How could my milk supply change so quickly in less than a day? I started doing reserach & quickly found out that antihistamines can cause milk supplies to dry up. Why did I not know this? I'm sure I took them while nursing Jackson. I guess just like pregnancies, every nursing experience is different. So I started feverishly feeding Emme every 2 hours and I pumped a few times after she finished also. This helped, but now a week later I am still not back to what I had before. It is so frustrating! I am drinking tons of water, taking Fenugreek like it's going out of style and pumping more than I ever have. I can see it rebounding, but I don't know if it will get back to what it was. Any suggestions? I'm about to get on the horn to LaLeche! Argh!


4 comments:
Yikes! I was going to suggest Fenugreek, but you're already on it. Call up LLL and see what they can suggest. SURELY this had happened to someone before. It sounds like you are doing everything you need to though... the pump is your new best friend and you're feeding Emerson more than usual. Hopefully you'll get back to normal in a few days. Can you supplement with some formula in the meantime?? :)
I had major issues when BFing, so I feel for you!
xoxoxo
I have heard oatmeal (like true oatmeal, not the instant kind) helps too, but I have not tried this. :(
Fenugreek helped me too Hill- but it took a little while to see a difference. {{hugs}} I'm sure you will be able to get yoursupply back up soon!
I didn't have that problem when I took antihistamines... But Lindsay (phram.)always told me to watch out because it could dry you up. If you keep breast feeding her then your supple should go up. Thats the best way to rebuild. Don't stress and relax!! Try to go all day breastfeeding and maybe get up in the night once to pump.
Post a Comment