Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

What a fun Halloween this year! And busy. We had so many events tied to this holiday and with two kids now, it was crazy! Jackson was Mickey Mouse and Emerson was Minnie Mouse. I made their costumes this year. My mom helped me extensively on Minnie's dress since sleeves & button holes were beyond my skill level. Thanks Yaya!

The kids had their annual fall festival at their school on Friday. There was a costume parade and then typical fall festival games, etc. All the little kiddos looked too cute, of course Mickey & Minnie were the cutest! Emerson looked hilarious - her bow was bigger than her head - and Jackson looked perfect! He actually kept the ears on. I was amazed!


Pops & Yaya came to see the parade too.

Here, punkin' for Emme.
This is what Jackson kept saying at the pumpkin patch.

Jackson was a little overwhelmed at the masses during the parade.
HALLOWEEN NIGHT:
Trick or Treating
We only went to about 8 houses - the people we know or at least have waved to on our street. Jackson had a lot of fun and can actually say Trick or Treat. He always said Thank you too. He has such great manners!
SUNDAY: Neighborhood Fall Festival
Sadly, we don't know that many people in our neighborhood with kids. There are plenty and I'm part of the Mom's group, but since I work we don't get to go to many of the gatherings during the week and this summer I was kind of busy having a baby & all. We went to the fall festival hoping to meet some of our neighbors, but we didn't really talk to that many. It was kind of disappointing. But Jackson still had fun running around (earless, but I mean it was day 3 of those stupid ears - I can't say that I blame him) playing on the playground. He see-sawed with a few little kids, but he preferred to "jump" off the mounds of dirt around the small trees they have planted around the playground. Goofy boy! I'm thinking this summer we will be able to get more involved & cement our places in our community.


Jackson see-sawing - Papa held on after one wipe out

JUST FOR FUN: Check out Jackson last Halloween. My how things change in just one year!

No comments: