Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

New Words


Jackson is quite the talker these days. He starts talking immediately when we get in the car and doesn't stop well, ever! He has added many new words lately, but the most impressive are cashew, cactus and railroad. He uses them appropriately and everything. He also told his uncle Bryan "I love choo choos" twice on Saturday. Aaron then asked him "What about Daddy? Do you love Daddy?" and he said "choo choo." Ahh...poor Daddy.

I didn't do a 21 month post on the 28th so here are his stats based on when he was sick 2 weeks ago: weighs 26lbs 5oz and is around 33.5 inches tall. I measured the height on our growth chart at home and he wouldn't stand real still, so I don't know how accurate it is. I think his weight may fluctuate because he has wanted nothing but bread products lately. Saturday he ate a biscuit for breakfast; 2 diced pieces of tomato, 1 bite of fish, and loads of chips and tortilla for lunch...the only saving grace was the chicken slathered in ranch dressing he ate for dinner. If it wasn't for milk, there would be days he wouldn't eat protein at all. Does anyone else have this problem? It makes me crazy! Dr. Pielop told us we need to cut Jackson's milk intake back to a cup with his 3 meals only, none in between. He normally is a quart a day kind of kid, so this has been hard for him. But I just keep telling myself that if he is truly thirsty, he will drink the water I offer.

He is definitely hitting the terrible twos. Last night we were at my parents and he was in to EVERYTHING! By the time we left, all 4 adults were exhausted! He was digging in the trash, the dog bowl, my purse, dragging all the toys out of the playroom, playing with the needle on mom's sewing machine, trying to play with scissors, chasing the dog and the list goes on and on. It was crazy and the poor kid heard No! more times than he has ever heard it.

We love the little booger more and more everyday though...I can't get enough of this kid! He lights up our life!


2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

We definitely have the same issues with eating! I'm cutting back Collin's milk to 2 cups a day (about 8-10 oz in each). It's always a struggle to get him to eat veggies though! And if I want him to eat protein, baked fish is something he always eats for some reason. He'll also eat sausage and turkey hotdogs.

Summer said...

thanks! i got it at a store here in the d/fw area called the impeccable pig. i love that store. they have the cutest stuff!

oh and good job on the sewing. i got my great-grandmothers sewing machine when she passed away a few years ago and it is still in a guest bedroom closet. i have never learned how to sew, but i really need to!