Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fall is HERE!

This new, cooler weather is fabulous! There is one problem....I realized this morning as I was dressing Jackson for school that he has NO pants that fit him and very few fall shirts that fit. I put him in one shirt that I picked up on sale a couple of months ago and figured he'd grow into it. It was a little big, but would look ok with jeans. I grab his jeans - they are 12-18 month jeans, but he has always worn pants a little smaller than his actual age because he's skinny. They fit perfectly in the waist and then I put his tennis shoes on him and stand him up. Total highwaters! I pull them down a little and then take him to the bathroom to somehow tame his bed head. As he's walking, I just can't bring myself to send him to school this way, so back to his room we go and I find a pair of 24 month pants that I bought on that same shopping trip I mentioned earlier. I get him undressed, redressed and re-shoed, put him down, I back up and assess. He looks like he's been playing dress up. The pants are way too baggy and coupled with the shirt that is a tad too big, he just looks ridiculous! So back to the changing table we go. I finally settled on a layered look - shorts (the high is 78), a short sleeve t-shirt with a long sleeve t-shirt over it. So hopefully, he doesn't look too out of season and I don't look too much like a bad mom!

*sigh* Off to find 18-24 month pants!

2 comments:

Paige said...

You know I am so with you on this one. What a disaster!

The Q. Family said...

LOL! We had the same issue this morning and I just sent C in a t-shirt and shorts. I think my preggo hormones make me hotter than usual because I didn't feel one ounce of guilt dressing him in shorts and a t-shirt since I am wearing the same thing. And don't you know it, Texas weather will probably be hot again tomorrow! You should have taken a pic for the blog! :) :) :)