Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Emme's Mobile

We finished the mobile for Emerson's room yesterday. It was quite the labor of love....no, it wasn't really all that difficult, just time consuming with a toddler sharing my time too. I made 11 fabric birds using this pattern & random scraps I had. Then Aaron & I used our mad physics skills and attached the birds to branches and voila! The pictures really don't do it justice - you need to see it in person. It is super cute and we are quite proud of it! Jackson LOVES it too -- he says "caw caw" everytime he sees it and I even had to make him a couple of birds so he would leave these alone. I guess I need to figure out a way to make a more manly version since he loves it so....maybe camo & cowboy print birds, lol!

Speaking of Jackson, here are a couple of pics from our week....


He only looks angelic!





My dad grilled yummy steaks with veggies and baked potatoes yesterday. Jackson's clothes got COVERED in food and he had already changed outfits once, so he had to go without clothes the rest of the evening. I thought he looked hilarious riding my brother's old rocking horse in nothing but his diaper & tennis shoes.


Here is a video of Jackson showing off his animal sounds. For some reason he would not tell me what a dog says, even though that was one of the first animals he learned. He also says his name in the video too.




2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

He is so smart! And the bird mobile is AMAZING!! I love it! E is a lucky little girl!!

gjones said...

Wow! Beautiful work with the bird mobile! You are so crafty lady! :) Jackson is so cute and he is so smart! xoxo!!!