Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's A ......



GIRL! Yea! We are thrilled! I guess all our "thinking pink" worked! I even wore all pink today -- pink shirt, pink eyeshadow, VS Pink perfume & a pink scarf. I did wear blue jeans though. Aaron wore a mauve shirt that people always call pink & when my mom showed up, she had a pink sweater on. So we are getting the girl we had hoped for. More importantly we have one healthy baby! The 18 week ultrasound & visit went very well. All of her organs are functioning as they should at this point of development and all bone measurements are where they should be. I also was told, much to my relief, that I have an anterior placenta, so basically there is a buffer between my abdominal wall & her. This is why I haven't felt many kicks. When the sonographer told us the sex, we all cheered & then Aaron squeezed my hand so hard (in an attempt not to cry, I think), but Yaya & Gabby couldn't hold it in! They hugged each other & cried. It was really sweet! We have chosen a first name, which will be Emerson, but we can't decide on a middle name yet. Here are a few pics of our little one: (Isn't she precious?)




The "money" shot



As long as I am bragging, today is also the day Jackson turns 14 months old! Can't believe it. Some of his recent stats:
- He weighs 21.5 lbs (as of last week)
- He is now wearing size 4 diapers (size 3 still fit, but 4 are just a little roomier)
- He is walking all over now. He still stumbles & sometimes reverts back to crawling if he's in a hurry, but he's getting really good at it!
- He says: mama, dada, ball, dog, cat, hi, bye-bye, milk (sounds like milllllll), uh-oh, book (sounds like bouu) & Aaron claims he is starting to say thanks, although I've only heard it once & it may have been a fluke. I was reminded that Jackson can also say Yaya. Sorry Yaya & to forget on your birthday -- I am so bad! (Revised 1/29/09)
- He knows where his nose, ears & teeth are. We are working on eyes & hair.
- He will go to Elmo or a phone if we tell him to go get it.
- He has just started this hilarious form of dancing -- I'll have to post a video soon.
- He loves to play catch, swing outside, play in the grass, climb, take wagon rides, play in his ball pit (he manages to throw almost half of the 225 balls out within 5 min of being in it), sing "If you're happy & you know it," stuffing blocks in shoes, boxes or baskets, read bedtime stories, and pretending to talk on the phone. He LOVES being outside!
- He has recently become scared of the bathtub. He used to squeal as I took his clothes off and could spend an hour in the bath, if I let him. I put less water in the tub this morning & he seemed to do better. Hopefully, he'll get back to lovin' it soon!
Ok, that's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there is WAY more, but I'm too tired right now. ;) We are so happy & thankful to have 2 healthy kiddos! Jackson's going to be a wonderful big brother!

7 comments:

The Q. Family said...

How exciting!!!!!!!! Congrats on your daughter and a healthy baby! How exciting that Jackson will be a big brother to a little sister! Congrats! :o)

yaya said...

You forgot to add that he can say YaYa. How could you forget that?

Denise said...

Ohh those 3 little lines... hooray! Emerson is an absolutely ADORABLE name -- LOVE it! SO excited for you!

Paige said...

Girls are so fun!!!!!!! I am so glad you get to experience it and Emerson is a precious name!

Vandi said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! I'm glad you got your wish. Emerson is such a cute name. I'm like you and like unique names...I guess it's a teacher thing!

Summer said...

yay for a healthy girl! congrats!!! i am so happy for you, aaron, and jackson. you will have SO MUCH fun with a little girl!!

The Hines Family said...

Congrats on your healthy baby girl!