Take 2: If you remember, we tried potty training Emme earlier this summer, but she had JUST turned two and I really think she wasn't ready. Emme's teachers started potty training her again this past Monday (Sept 19). Hooray for teachers that potty train, right!?! They report that she has many successes throughout the day, but I do get a bag full of panties in little plastic bags to wash each night!
Monday: 5 pairs of panties to wash & 4 outfits
Tuesday: 3 pairs & 3 outfits
Wednesday: 3 pairs & 2 outfits
Thursday: 2 pairs & a dress
Friday: 2 pairs & a dress
At home, she had been having a few accidents, but quite a few successes also. All of this was tee-tee related. She didn't have any poop successes - until Saturday morning! Oh how we rejoiced & praised & rewarded. Later that afternoon, we tried our first outing without diapers (other than the ride to school) and she did great! We got to the restaurant dry & went straight to the restroom where she went potty. We went back another 6 times probably throughout the meal and at some point I think it became more of a game or something to do than an actual need. When we left, we stayed in the parking lot talking to Gabby & PaPa for a while and then Emme said she needed to go, but we had had so many false alarms that we just ignored it thinking she just wanted to go wash her hands (she LOVES to wash her hands). I decided that maybe we should just put her in a diaper to go home and when I took her panties off, she had already pooped in them. So gross!!! So, Aaron & I cleaned her up & changed her right there in the parking lot. Luckily, I had a ziploc bag in the diaper bag, so we were able to dispose of the "offending" article immediately! Ick!
All in all, I'd say we have many more successes than accidents and I think she is well on her way to being diaper-free in the very near future!


No comments:
Post a Comment