Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 15, 2011

Potty Training Fail

On Wednesday, I thought we'd see if Miss Priss could be potty trained.  Since I have her in the advanced class at school, I think I should at least try.  She only just turned 2 and I waited until Jackson was 2 1/2, but I figured since I was off in the summer, we'd give it a whirl!  We let her pick out new panties - Tinkerbell & Flowers - and she seemed excited.  So here was our morning . . .yes, I said morning . . .that's as much as I could take.

8:00 - she wakes up, we take the diaper off and put on super fun Tinkerbell panties

8:20 - first accident at which time she says I spilled water, Momma.

9:20 - another accident, this time she realizes it is tee-tee

9:30 - starts to have another accident, but we get some of it in the potty.  Yea!  She gets a happy dance & a gummi bear and is smiling ear to ear!

9:30 - also at this time, Leyla decides well, if she can pee on the carpet, so can I.  Leyla is our dog.  :/

9:46 - another accident

9:55 - tells me she needs to go poo-poo.  We go in the bathroom, she sits down and then she says to close the door.  I close it.  Then she says she needs a crocodile from the hallway, so she gets up opens the door a crack, picks up an imaginary crocodile off the carpet and then sits back down.  I close the door back.  We repeat this for about 5 mins until she says she is finished.  I tell her that she told me she needed to poo-poo and she hasn't gone poo-poo.  She says she's finished and takes off bare-bottomed to the living room.  I put her panties back on her.

10:04 - she says poo-poo again, but when we get to the bathroom, she has already had an accident . . . both kinds.

11:21 - another accident, pretty small amount

11:39 - a tiny accident

11:50 - an almost full bladder accident in her booster at the kitchen table while eating lunch (do you know how hard it is to get those webbed straps out, especially when they are wet?)

12:20 - Napa time.  I've never been so happy to put this child in a diaper!

2:05 - I have to wake the kids up early so I can go pick my Nana up from the airport.  Emme's DIAPER has leaked and I still have to clean up pee.  Ugh!

Between each of these accidents, we had many false alarms and sat in the bathroom for long periods of time - or at least I tried to keep her sitting in there.  I tried singing songs, reading books . . . nothing kept her there long enough and as soon as we'd give up, she'd have another accident.  Because of the frequency and the small amounts of urine each time, it appears that Emme doesn't have the bladder control just yet.  I don't know.  I DO know that I was truly frustrated and will wait a bit longer to try again.  This whole thing reminded me of this post I read on Paige's blog.  Emme's "progress" sounds a lot like Kylie's, so I will come to the same conclusion as Paige . . . we will wait.

No comments: