Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mark & Natalie's Wedding - Part 1

Aaron's cousin, Mark got married a couple of weeks ago & Aaron was asked to be an usher, so we traveled to Longview for the joyous event!  Mark & Natalie have been dating for 6 years so of course, we were thrilled they were finally making it official. The drive was not too bad, about 4 hours and we didn't make the rehearsal (but how much rehearsing does an usher need?), but we made the rehearsal dinner.  It was at a Mexican restaurant called Papacita's (not to be confused with Pappasito's).  Wendi Mc, are you familiar with this place?  Anyway, the kids were *ahem* turkeys to say the least!  Running around, squealing...you would have thought it was there first time in public.  I was trying to wrangle them as Aaron leisurely chatted with family & friends of the family.  NOT. FUN . . . at least for me.  I was really happy to see Aaron's Grandaddy, Uncle Gary & Aunt Janis, Uncle Rory & Aunt Anita, but I was so annoyed by the time we left.  I did get to escape for a bit and go to a lingerie shower for Natalie.    

 Emme lounging underneath a chair at the dinner

 Jackson's dang Sperry's kept coming untied.  He insisted Grandaddy tie them.
 Now, Gary must tie them . . . what's wrong with this child?
 Emme was entertained by some bubble wrap.  Grandmas would be proud!

Back at the hotel, I slept with the kids since Emme still flops around a lot.  I was afraid she's fall out.  Here's how they slept . . .


The next morning, we took the kids to a park after breakfast thinking they could run & get a bunch of energy out.  Emme spent a fair amount of time at the park like this:
crying because she wanted to be held the whole time.  Aaron & I didn't want to hold her nor did we want to give in to her tantrum, but it was embarrassing in front of Grandaddy & Anita & Rory.  Rory is a retired Air Force Colonel, so I told him to use some of his military expertise on this wild child.  Eventually, she calmed down and started playing... 


 Grandaddy & Anita
Grandaddy, Anita & Rory

Part II:  the wedding & reception to come later . . . stay tuned.  Because I know you can hardly wait!  :)

No comments: