I forgot to post about Emme's latest teeth....it was probably because they took almost 2 months to come in. Anyway, Emme's bottom canines popped through on Jan 3rd. So now she has everything but her upper canines & 2 year molars.
We are starting to consider taking away the papi. Her teachers wanted all of the kids to be papi-free by the time they returned from Christmas break, but that just did not happen for Miss Em! We tried (although not whole-heartedly) and when I put her down for a nap without one on December 30th, she threw the biggest fit you've ever seen and ended up throwing herself out of her crib. Yikes! Her adrenaline was so high that it didn't even phase her and she didn't cry any harder than she had been. She didn't have any injuries either. So at that point, I stopped the papi purge idea, bit the bullet and told Ms. Yvette that we had failed in our mission. She was ok with it, but then this weekend a small breakthrough. Emme took 2 naps, one Sunday & one Monday without the papi and then she went to bed last night without one also. Now, when I woke her up this morning, the little stinker had found one in her bed during the night, but I know for a fact that she went to sleep without it. We celebrate small victories! Jackson was 21 months when we got rid of his, so Emme has some time, but she's definitely on her way to a papi-free existence!


No comments:
Post a Comment