I can hardly believe that in 2 short months Jackson will be TWO years old. So basically, this time 2 years ago I was becoming increasingly uncomfortable but also increasingly excited. These last 22 months have been a true joy. We adore this kid! He has begun telling us that he loves us, which only makes us fall more in love with him. This morning he was standing at the window looking out back and I heard him saying I lah u to something - don't know if it was a squirrel, a tree or what, but with us he always says our name too. I lah you, Mama. I lah you, Daddy. I lah you, Yaya. And my personal favorite: I lah you, Daddy & Emme, which he said as he and I were leaving for school yesterday. So cute! Jackson has also started speaking in sentences more and has added many new words to his vocabulary.
Some of those I have mentioned before and include:
railroad
cactus
he finally started saying duck instead of just quacking & cow instead of mooing
'mon (come on)
'raff (giraffe)
mouse
house
tout-si (outside)
bahball (football)
car (he used to say tractor for everything with wheels)
truck
walk
rope
sing
cashew (referring to both the nut and his fish, which he named after the nut)
elbow
up (we had to work a long time on this one - he would always point up, but say down, but he's got it now)
down
play
fork (if you don't give him one, he SCREAMS even if a fork is not necessary like with muffins)
And our personal favorite...Texas Tech. He said this as he pointed to a Double T on Emerson's onesie. It was our proudest moment as parents! ;)
Yesterday, he said Nana, Jackson go Nana's car? and pointed out the window at her car. He constantly says 'mon, Mommy. Play choo-choo. It is amazing to watch him grow & learn! Speaking of growth, I measured him this morning and he is 32 and a half inches tall, which I think is sort of shrimpy after hearing my friend say her 18 month old is 33 inches tall. Crazy! I don't know how much he weighs, but I'm guessing around 26 lbs. He is in to everything, pitches fits when he doesn't get his way, talks back to us and tests us - in short, the terrible twos are here! In spite of this, we still adore him and he still makes us laugh and fills our hearts with joy everyday!



2 comments:
You forgot "ready?"
Hmmmm whose 18 month old is such a gigantic monster of a child??? :) I'd love to get down to Houston to see you and D. Maybe sometime this winter when you have time off school and things are slower for Zach. I miss you! I'm sad our kiddos aren't getting to grow up together.
Post a Comment