She looks like such a big girl in that picture. Yesterday, Emme turned 4 months old. Where does it go? She is such a joy! Her little personality is becoming more and more evident - and it is a GOOD personality! She talks, smiles, and giggles ALL the time - I mean constantly! She talks so much that Jackson will even immitate her sometimes. Super funny! Her 4 month well check is not until Monday, so I'll report her stats then. But take a look at those thighs and you'll see she isn't hungry! She eats about 5 ounces every 4-4.5 hours. She is still exclusively breastfed, although we recently attempted rice cereal and I don't think she was ready. We got a little tongue thrust, so we will try again later. I knew we were jumping the gun a bit, but we thought we'd try. She had been sleeping really well - taking three or four 1.5-2 hour naps a day and going to bed around 8pm and sleeping until 4:30 or 5am. Lately she has been taking little cat naps during the day, usually 30 min to an hour and then waking up at about 2am to eat. She sometimes even refuses to sleep longer than 30 min in her bed, but will sleep well in our bed. I know we are only perpetuating this behavior by allowing it, but I'm back at work now and I'm sleepy! I don't know what is up with her napping... hopefully, her sleeping patterns will get back on track soon! Emerson ADORES being outside. Today we spent much of the late morning and early afternoon (before the Tech game) in the backyard. Jackson ran around playing in the dirt and sliding and "helping" his daddy rebuild the flower beds. Emerson spent her time in her Summer seat - sort of like an exersaucer, but lower to the ground & converts to a booster later - you can see it in the background of the picture below.
She seems to be getting very close to rolling from her back to her front, but nothing yet. She has rolled a few times from front to back, but not consistently. She spins her legs around so much that she spins, but doesn't roll. Jackson rolled from front to back once at 3.5 months and then didn't do it again until around 5 months old. She will start school on Tuesday following her 4 month well check on Monday. I pray that she does well. It is the same school Jackson goes to and her teacher asks me all the time when she is going to be able to get her hands on her, so I know she'll be loved. I have a few friends with girls in her class too, so I'm glad she'll get to socialize with them! She is the sweetest, most precious baby girl! We love this little one so and thank God everyday for giving us 2 beautiful, healthy children. We are so blessed!
I just love this little dress!


1 comment:
Love the pic of her smiling in the bumbo! ADORABLE!!! And I can't believe she is 4 months old! WOW!!!
Post a Comment