Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

A week of many firsts!

Jackson has been one busy boy! Last Wednesday, Jackson & I played hookie (shhh...don't tell)! He had a Dr's appointment for a follow up on his ear infection & to get his 2nd flu shot. Well, not only did his ear infection not clear up, but now he has 2 ears infected. Ugh! Poor little guy. But he seems fine and so I thought we'd do something fun.
First we went to see Miss Abigail. She's 3 weeks old now & cute as a bug! I took Denise some Chick-fil-a and held Abigail while Denise & Jackson played. It was great to chat with Denise and hold a bitty baby again seeing as mine is almost 20 lbs. Jackson was MUY jealous so I can already tell it is going to be rough when another baby comes along.

Around 3, we met Aaron downtown and we all went to the ZOO! This was Jackson AND Aaron's first time at the Houston Zoo. They both LOVED it! Jackson was so cute, reaching for & waving at the animals (especially the CRAZY monkeys), pointing at things & trying to go to the giraffe. For those of you not familiar with Houston, our zoo is in the medical center and so there are many hospitals with helipads surrounding the zoo. Jackson would freeze the second he heard a helicopter & look up in the sky until he saw it at which point he begin pointing at the helicopter. It was so cute! We stayed for 3 hours & closed down the zoo -- I remember when we used to close down the bars now it's the zoo. My, how times have changed! ;) Here are some pics -- of course, I forgot the camera so we had to buy a disposable. Sorry for the quality...
Mommy & Jackson as Prairie Dogs

Jackson did not like being an eagle!

Pointing at the sea lions

Hi, Orangutan!

The Hiler Fam at the Zoo

Saturday was Jackson's first night away from Mom & Dad. He spent the night with Yaya & Pops and they had the best time! From what I hear, he slept in between them and flip flopped all night long -- that sounds about right! He woke up Sunday morning about 9am (late for him!) and ate breakfast. Any guesses to what Yaya & Pops allowed him to eat? Pears & pudding. Pudding for breakfast? Seriously? My mom said it is very similar to cereal -- hmmm... do you think I got to eat pudding for breakfast when I was little? THEN, not 45 minutes later my dad gave him blackberry cobbler & ice cream. Crazy people! Anyway, he did great and we did great, but we couldn't wait to go pick him up! Now, I'll feel more comfortable leaving him for the weekend in February when we go to Fredricksburg for Gina's wedding.

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

There is nothing wrong with pudding and ice cream for breakfast...way to go Yaya and Pops :)