Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 24, 2008

Jackson's 1st Birthday Party

We had Jackson's birthday party on Saturday. His birthday isn't until this Friday, but given that it is the day after Thanksgiving, I didn't think many people would be in town/available for a birthday party. The theme was Sesame Street and Jackson wore his awesome "Elmo is my homeboy" t-shirt that his aunt & uncle sent him. Thanks J, Jenn, Lynzi & Autumn!
His party was great and his cake was ADORABLE! It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was pretty darn cute & more importantly, Jackson ate it up! He ate an entire half of the smash cake. It had yellow & blue icing, so we had a giant green mess. The mess continued all day yesterday with every diaper change too (if you catch my drift!). We had mainly family there, but Tiff, JC & little Hailey came down and Miss Ashley came too. I'll post pics of the Jackson & Hailey soon! Jackson got tons of toys (including a ball pit - thanks Tiffy!) & clothes -- I have NO idea what's left for anyone to get him for Christmas!
His birthday hat that he didn't want to wear for very long
His new chair from Gabby & Papa

Opening presents

The cake

His smash cake -- we had a little incident right after the candle was blown out. Jackson immediately reached for the candle & got burned, so after we got him calmed down again he was a little timid about the cake. He soon warmed up though. I'll post a video of us singing Happy Birthday later.

Not scared anymore! Notice that half of the cake is gone.

2 comments:

The Q. Family said...

Happy Early Birthday sweet boy!

Anonymous said...

put up the video of Elmo. haha. good times!
how are the clothes? the train outfit is too big...but i was worried the 12 month would be too small or only fit for like 1 day. you can exchange it if need be.

ILY!
I had lots of fun.
(I thought you considered me family..your little sister?!?!) that you never had....