Aaron & I have had to practice tough love the last 2 nights. When Jackson got sick, well off & on since Ike really, we would always attempt to put Jackson down in his bed, but when he would wake up we'd bring him back to our bed. Many nights he would wake up within an hour of going down and we were soft -- he was sick or there was a hurricane. ;) But lately it has progressed & Jackson has been so restless at night that he crawls around in his sleep and ends up waking himself up -- usually after banging his head into the headboard or something.
So Tuesday night I decided enough was enough and after an hour of trying to rock him to sleep, I decided to just put him in his crib and let him cry it out. And cry it out he did. For 45 minutes, which I must admit killed me, but I knew it had to be done so I turned the monitor down (not off, but down) and waited. He fell asleep after the 45 minute fit and slept PEACEFULLY the remainder of the night -- I even had to wake him up the next morning. It worked so well, Aaron did the same thing last night. This time he only screamed for 30 minutes off & on and off to slumbertown he went. We again had to wake him this morning, so I figure he must be resting better now also. We will do it again tonight & hopefully it will only be 15 minutes of torture for me!


1 comment:
Great decision! It is hard, but it is over so quickly and then everyone can have their own bed. Good luck!
Post a Comment