Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricanes a comin'

So Hurricane Ike is going to hit us. We are expecting it sometime Saturday with the beginning rains, etc. starting tomorrow. They have called off school for tomorrow & people are hunkering down. Aaron & I went to Costco last night & you would not believe the $580-700 generators flying off the shelves! Crazy! We bought batteries, water & dry goods just in case. I am praying it does not seriously affect our pretty house! Click here for the latest from NOAA. It is supposed to be a Category 3 (winds from 111-130 mph). This is the forecast from KHOU -- our house is slightly NW of the 2nd red dot. Yowzers!











I'll post more when I know more. Pray!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe that there is a hurricane in the gulf! it is so pretty outside...and tomorrow...we are going to start getting horrible rain && wind. I'm NOT LOOKING forward to saturday. it was funny b/c all your kids were like "yay! no school!" they will be freaking out when they REALIZE why there isn't school.
I'm in the process of cleaning out my room...and the garage so that my car can go in it.
WOW!!!
DANG HURRICANE IKE!
love youuu

Summer said...

hope yall are ok. i have been thinking about you!

Michelle said...

Random small world. So I just found your blog through Paige's. That white house is like 2-3 blocks from my home. Your parents must live nearby. Also, I am teaching at SBISD too (elementary.) What a small world. DC connections to KD to Houston, tx. :)