We started back to school today. It's hard to believe our summer is already over! At least we still have Brennan & Megan's wedding & our vacation to Colorado to look forward to in just a few short weeks!
Yesterday, we went to Meet the Teacher. Jackson has a wonderful teacher, Ms. Kit. She has been at his school for like ever and everyone I know loves her, so I know he will have a great year! The teacher that was supposed to be Emerson's teacher this year got a different job on Tuesday, so Emme will have Ms. Yessinia as an interim teacher until they hire a replacement. Yessinia is actually the mom of a little girl in Jackson's class and we have known her for a while, so I'm sure she will be great! She has even offered to potty train the kids for us - not just Emme, but all of them that aren't potty trained! Yep, she has points in my book already!
This morning, drop off went pretty well. Emme did cry which is always hard for Mommy, but I think she recovered fairly quickly. Jackson was shy, but didn't cry and went right to playing. When I picked them up, they both had had a good day, but Jackson said he didn't get to color. I told him I was sure he'd get to color other days. I asked what he did get to do and he exasperatingly said "We just went to center after center after center." He cracks me up! I don't know if he was bored or was just being dramatic. He has a tendency to do that sometimes.
All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful first day back!


No comments:
Post a Comment